3 Egg Whites
100g icing sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pre-heat oven to 120C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place egg whites in a clean large bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peak.
- Sift in icing sugar gradually while whisking.
- Once the meringue is whisked to stiff, sprinkle the cinnamon over it in the bowl.
- Taking a dessert spoon, scoop out a spoonful of meringue covered in some cinnamon and drop onto the lined baking tray.
- Each scoop will have varying amounts of cinnamon but this adds to character.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. They should be crisp on the outside and soft/chewy in the centre.
- Allow to cool and serve with cream & strawberries.
- Store meringues in an airtight container.