2oz or 60g sugar
4oz or 120g butter
4oz or 120g plain flour
2 oz or 60g ground almonds
1/4 tsp vanilla paste or seeds of 1/2 bean
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Place sugar, flour, butter, ground almonds into a food processor and whiz them until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and pulse slowly until the mixture comes to a dough, do not over mix at this stage.
- Remove biscuit dough from the food processor and divide 12 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball and place onto a nonstick baking tray and pres the centre down with your thumb, almost all the way through.
- At this stage you would add a blob of jam for thumbprint biscuits but I have baked mine naked so I can top them with strawberries.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Top each one with a roasted strawberry and some of the strawberry syrup from roasting.
- Eat immediately otherwise the strawberries will make the biscuit soft. Store biscuits separate to strawberries if not eating them all at once!