Ingredients – makes 6
1 large punnet/chip strawberries or 18-24 small/medium strawberries (enough to fit 3 to 4 in each muffin tin base)
2 Tbsp Equagold Vanilla Syrup
100g ready bought puff pastry or 1 sheet
- Preheat oven to 180C, fan bake
- Wash & hull the strawberries and place in a bowl with the vanilla syrup
- Toss the strawberries through the vanilla syrup.
- Using large muffin tin (6 per tin normally) place 3 to 4 strawberries in the base of each tin
- Roll out the puff pastry to 1/2 ich if not using a ready rolled sheet
- Using a large cookie cutter, slightly larger than the top of your muffin tins so there is enough pastry to tuck down the sides, cut out 6 pastry circles and place each one on top of the strawberries
- Tuck the pastry down the sides with a butter knife around the strawberries to make a little shell that will hold the strawberries once turned out.
- Bake in the oven on the top shelf for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- To turn the tarts out, use a rubber spatula and slide it under the pastry and strawberries and turn the whole tart over.
I tried turning the whole tin over but that didn’t work so it is best to remove them one by one.
Serve warm as they are or with whipped cream